When Christians tell me this world must have a benevolent creator, do they look at the real world?

I look around me, and I see animals killing and eating one another to survive. I see good people suffering unspeakable horror, both at the hands of other people and at random chance. I see terrible people get away with vile acts and cruel deeds.

And before you tell me, Christians, that God made a perfect world, let me tell you this.

A perfect world would be incorruptible.

When He created it it was good. When Satan ate from the tree he became evil and tempted Eve to do likewise. therefore you see a fallen creation.

Animals are part of the food chain that God created. People suffer at the hands of others due to our free will and godless society. The evil people may get away with their evils for a short while but what we don't see is how He gets retribution on the evil ones. 

God has a perfect world waiting for us, it is called Heaven. But we can not obtain it without Jesus Christ. The invitation has been sent out to ANY and ALL who will believe in Him, Period. (His story is in the Holy Bible)  I think this in itself is the most benevolent act God has done for His creation.  And if you want to change the world for the better, it starts with YOU. You are God's hands and feet on earth. 

God exists and is omnibenevolent. A person can know these things with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

The world WAS perfect, that is before the fall of man into sin. Death and disease followed the fall. The Apostle Paul describes the impending redemption and healing for the entire creation:

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies."

Romans 8:18-23

• janhoi

Who says that we say that the world is perfect? We say that the world is fallen and broken. Which is why the themes of salvation, redemption, renewal and New Creation are part of the Christian tradition. The hope of healing a broken world, a hope where as the Prophet Isaiah says lion and lamb sit together(Isaiah 65:17-25) symbolizing people who are enemies coming together and also symbolizing peace. 

Here's the other thing you need to consider. If there is no God, there is no hope ultimate and life has no ultimate purpose and meaning. So all the complaining that you're doing about suffering and killing in the world is meaningless because in a world without God those things are just brute facts of life that you can never change no matter what. 

Source(s): Anglican Christian

Hi there! Error.  Nope, perfect things don't stay perfect.

It was perfect with the FLEXIBILITY to go either way.

We all see where it went.

You're likely viewing the Jeffrey Epstein case?  With royal connections? 

The bible teaches this very thing!

The relatively few on the narrow way, which is tough!, unpopular,  deadly?,

are getting rid of sins.

And what a lot of sins!

But it's about Jesus,  who was prophesied many times, many places, to come.

A malevolent creator is, Corvus,  an oxymoron. 

Your English and language is good, so you know this.

God created you. You are eternal love. Do you see that here? You can't be seen, nor God, nor love.

Jesus said the prince of this world made the world, not God. God is in heaven....

What Christians, or even any what religion said God made a perfect world? Dude, whatever pamphlet you found, it was lying hard.

You say: "a perfect world would be incorruptible".

Not true.

The Creator of the perfect world let .... the perfect occupants he placed on the perfect planet .... know.... that perfection would be lost if they failed to act in perfect obedience to his ONE rule.

Not to eat from a forbidden tree.