Anonymous

How long would it take to complete these pre-reqs?

They don't have to be completed in this order. 

ENG 119 English I .

ENG 120 English II

BIO 155 Introductory Biology

BIO 240 Human Anatomy and

Physiology I

BIO 250 Human Anatomy and

Physiology II

BIO 295 Microbiology

CHM 105 Introductory Chemistry

CHM 155 Survey of Organic and

Biochemistry

DEN 100 Professional Development

PHL 201 Introduction to Philosophy

SPH 101 Fundamentals of Speech

PSY 101 Introductory Psychology

SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology

PS 101 American Government

HUM Humanities Elective

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming that all of those science courses are 4-hour lab classes, then you have 51 hours listed there.  A standard semester load is 15 hours, so it would take 4 semesters to get those done at that rate; you could take a heavier course load and finish them in 3, but that might be very difficult (in terms of class work and also logistics).  All of that assumes you can get the classes you need when you want to take them. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You have several sequential courses listed here, so you'll take "part 1" one semester and "part 2" the next. You also have courses here which are prerequisites for other courses in that field. While freshman level (100) courses are commonly offered at least annually, you cannot count on what subject will be available when & what scheduling conflicts you may hit with other courses. Expect this list to take at least 2 years. And you will likely have 2 4-credit science courses with labs almost every semester. So that's a fairly heavy course load.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Freshman? From where I studied, you're allowed around 18 units each sem during your first year. Most subjects are 3 units each but I see some you listed may have more. But then, it's not just the number of units per subject. It's also about the availability. Some subjects are offered only during the first sem, some only during the second sem. If you go to a big university, then there would be subjects offered in both sems. Finally, even if it fits your load and it is available there are schedule conflicts, teachers with bad reputations you will want to avoid, time constraints (especially if you live far or you also work at the same time), etc. It would be best to tackle this with your academic adviser. 

Granting the gods are kind to you, those 14 subjects, if they carry 3 units each, will take two sems to complete. One year.

• drip
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

They have at least 45 credits (more with the science classes requiring labs) with those 15 classes. That will take four semesters

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.