Anonymous

Am I bad for thinking Western culture is better?

Personally I feel as though Western Culture is better than other cultures in the world. The reason I feel that way is because Western Culture’s tradition of scientific and technological innovation and freedom from government control. 

Am I bad for feeling this way? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

NO, it doesn't make you "bad".

It's just your opinion - how could having an opinion make you "bad"?  Even if your opinion turns out to be incorrect, how could being incorrect make you "bad"?  Even if you eventually conclude that your opinion was stupid, being stupid doesn't make you "bad"!

• Login to reply the answers
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We are spoiled here -- yes. BUT there are other cultures/countries with very good qualities. We are certainly NOT perfect.

• Nom
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

native americans say government control is a problem

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

eastern philosophy like buddhism teaches how things like this are all illusions at the end of the day 

so whether a society is rich and advanced in technology or not, it really doesn't take into account of first world problems and how we all die at the end of the day.

so what is better or worse is irrelevant 

at the end of the day, a well off person and a poorer person eventually both equally die and stop existing. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, because humans actually have something magical more than science can ever grab. Science limits human capabilities in one side, although it helps humanity too in other side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.