Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

How do I acquire a Letter of Accommodation for my university? I have severe test and mild social anxiety.?

Favorite Answer

You speak to a counselor.

• drip

Have you been diagnosed and are you receiving treatment?  Then you ask your doctor. You need to find out each university’s policies and requirements that need to met for accommodations 

Every teenager on the planet has social anxiety.  I have no idea how this came to be something that needed to be 'accommodated' and not sure how you would expect a university do that.  As you mature you will find that what other people think becomes less and less relevant.  Why would your university even care about your social issues?

Test anxiety is more of a problem if you are looking to pass your exams.  Some people enjoy exams, others fall apart.  The best way to ace exams is to keep taking them.  When I was an undergrad (Computer Science) I did tons of practice tests; open book untimed, closed book untimed and finally closed book timed.  Yes, you read it right, I did every single practice paper three times.  By the time I had to sit the exam I was bored to death.  As you cannot be both anxious and bored at the same time, this will be a great strategy for you.  Far better than a letter which is at best only going to give you a little longer time to do the exam, it will not address your underlying issue.  In fact it will make it worse by validating it.  Don't go there.

Maybe you should consider a career in the exciting world of fast food?