Anonymous

Why do people away think a stranger male is a pedophile?

Like if you are walking by a couple you don't know and tell their daughters "come over here or grab them them"

• Duck
    Favorite Answer

There's a lack of trust these days. I'm a rather mean looking individual (I'm actually harmless) and have had people do that when I'm by myself. If my son is with me, they don't do that ... so it makes it even more obvious.

I can't say I blame them ... there's a lot in the news about weird people who try to abduct or hurt kids, and they're just being protective. In most cases, I don't even think they realize they're doing it.

Because it's better to be over protective and be wrong.

Don't worry about my kids or what I tell them, just continue on to where you're going.

They're wary because child sexual abuse is a frequent and widespread crime, and 88% of the perps are male. 1 in 9 girls under the age of 18 have experienced sexual abuse by an adult.

If there weren't so many males committing sexual assault, people wouldn't worry so much whether a male stranger is a sexual predator.

Source(s): RAINN
    • Duck
      1 month agoReport

I disagree with your numbers ... I'd have to look them up.  However, I don't think the media and talk show circuit helps either ... it's an easy to sensationalize crime that's guaranteed to get viewers and sell advertising.

A person can battle lust and other sins using the rosary and fasting.

In this day and age, one never knows. Why are you upset at not being able to draw closer to someone's child?

• Carson

I think you answered your question

• Creepy Pedophile Jim Jordan (R Oh) would be the best resource for that answer.