How do I convince someone that I'm not a lesbian ?

Someone who loves to start drama recently caught wind that I might be gay and they will end up telling everyone and my family is strictly religious so they won't accept it and I can be possibly disowned . they think I'm gay because I haven't been in a relationship for awhile. I dont want to date some poor unsuspecting guy just to prove I'm not . I don't like guys 

• reme_1
    Favorite Answer

Call the gay center and talk to the counselor. You want to convince others that you are not gay but you don't like guys.....Something is a little off there.

It is really important that you accept yourself and love yourself- no matter what other people think. A lot has to do with your age. If you are old enough to move out of the family home, do so. You need your own space. No matter what you parents say, you deserve to be happy. Because they have been brain washed by their church to hate homosexuality they will have a hard time dealing with you.

Contact PFLAG.org- a wonderful support group nade up mostly of parents with LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents. They will call your parents.

Make your life happy.

Sometimes gay people have to make their own families because their biological families were not supportive.

HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

• RP

You can't persuade anyone of anything they reject. The best you can do is ignore those who spread rumors about you, but, if there is anyone you care for or about, be honest with them and explain those rumors are false and malicious, but you're powerless to stop them.

Who cares???????????

What if they started a rumor that you are converting to Muslim or you are left handed or are maybe are pregnant. What if they did, I would put money on you not finding a need to come on here distressing out because its not true.

Why then are you stressing out over this when by your own admission it has not happened and even if it did all you would do is say mum its just some crap that XYZ invented. I am as normal as Kristen Stewart.

• Emma

"How do I convince someone that I'm not a lesbian ?"

It goes like this, I AM NOT A LESBIAN, if they cannot accept that, that is THEIR problem.

And so what if you were a lesbian.

"Someone who loves to start drama"

AKA, a bully, handler her like you would any other bully, ignore.

"my family is strictly religious so they won't accept it and I can be possibly disowned"

Disown, maybe, maybe not, a lot of "strictly religious" parents will surprise you, and if they are truly christian disowned would never enter the conversation.. I am not a lesbian, should work with them, assuming you’re not lesbian.  And so what if you were a lesbian.

" I don't like guys"  " I'm not a lesbian"

You're obviously a lesbian in denial... you cannot be hetero if you're not willing to have sex with a guy.

• Cogito

Don't even try.  Let them think whatever they want to.  It's none of their business.

• just imagine they instead are accusing you of something you don't have like an sti. that way you can summon the natural reaction to such rude slanderous allegations also one of the best ways to lie is to mix the lie with the truth like saying someone asked if u gay and you admitted it to see if they would spread it and if silly bitchy people would also spread it.

.or you be snide and sarcastic and say i am gay as in iam happy and constantly annoy her with it.

• Sam

Probably the best way to convince someone you are not a lesbian, is to unzip your pants and show them your penis. 

By not convincing them. You know who you are, and if your parents won't accept that and they disown you for it, then that's entirely on them. You shouldn't have to convince anything to anyone to prove a point, especially when it's none of their business