Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How would you react if your 13 year old son or daughter decided to convert to Islam and was visiting the mosque nearly every day?

Favorite Answer

That'd scare me.

I'd be having serious talks with the kid.

Of course this would never happen.

I didn't breed a stupid son.

~

• Paul

I would forbid them. Once they reach 18, they can decide for themselves.

I would explain to her the reasons I have for believing the way I do and would encourage her to find out for herself if it is true. It doesn't pay to give up one job until you have another in the bag.

That kid will not be allowed back into my house

First I'd have a long talk with him to try to find out what is behind his thinking.

Second, I'd read the Koran with him, especially the passages that call for killing non-Muslims.  I'd ask him how he would feel if I started following a religion that called for killing one's children.  Then I'd ask him how I should feel now that he's following a religion that calls for killing me, his own father, because I'm not Muslim.

I'd also show him the quote from Mo that commands killing apostates, and ask him if he really wants to join a religion that if he ever decided to leave it, someone may try to kill him.  And I'd ask him how can he really know if those Muslims at the mosque truly believe in Islam or just don't want to be killed for leaving it.

I'd ask him if when he was in first grade, would he have liked it if some old woman forced him to marry her (and then explain that's exactly what Mo did to a little girl when she was in between playing with her dolls).

Then I'd explain that Mo called Jesus a prophet, and ask him if he'd like to read along with me some of the stuff in the Bible the prophet Jesus said.

• Coop

Give him up for adoption and disown him forever. Kick him out with just the clothes on his back. They would basically be dead to me

I would show him/her pics of suicide bombing victims and give them the written story of a dear friend who witnessed her father murder her sister for going to the market alone without her burqua and speaking to men.

I would show him/her the pics of my friend's face before the reconstruction surgery to repair the damage her ex-Muslim-husband did by years of severe beatings. He justified smashing her face in with scripture from the Qur'an.

I justified smashing his Mercedes in with a baseball bat with self defense laws.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala (the praised one) reward him for choosing the correct path.

I would strap dynamite to their chest.

That..? Would be probably the BEST way ever that a hypothetical child of mine could rebel against me! If that was her intention..? I'd be all like: "good job, kiddo.. Ya figured me out! Point taken... Now wouldn't you like some drugs, instead? Or a tattoo? Or ten facial piercings? Anything!! Just NOT this, dammit!!" :S