Are men more sexist than they were 10 year ago?

A lot of Trump supporters are sexist towards women and don't want them to vote. They want to say women ruined the country.

But when George Bush or Obama(early on) was president, I didn't see any men starting sexist gender wars with women.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Never confuse silence with acceptance. Trump hasn’t changed minds. He’s merely given people who were already sexist and racist permission to be open about it.

Yes. In my experience.

A lot of people were always sexist towards women and didn't want them to vote.  That is nothing new.  Yet sufficiently many men of good will accepted that women had been mistreated. THESE men are the targets of feminism and are being forced to be less tolerant of those who attack them.

• Bill

What else do you call men that ignored thousands of years of warnings about the nature of women? If male feminists actually paid attention to the wisdom of their ancestors they would have known from the start that feminism was the worst thing men could support. 

No. 

These dudes here in G.S. (im assuming this is whom you are basing your claim off of) are like the Partridge Family in comparison to dudes like The Man or Struth who roamed this forum 6 and 7 years ago. 

When they had something to say, you stopped and listened to them even if you disagreed with them. 

The dudes who roam the site now, they seem really young, really white, and really unimaginative. Only thing I want to do when I see their content is find them in person and curve stomp them, as I hate idiocy. 

Source(s): 79
  • God

Are women more sexist than they were ten years ago? 

• Andrew Smith

Yes, in my opinion.  A selfish world that is not a nice place in which good people can live in peace.

Statistically, they shouldn't be...science has come a long way in discovering behavioral/ biological differences between males and females; whereas in the past, men used stupid religious arguments to pin point those differences. 

Good golly no.  We’ve passed dozens of laws in recent years advantaging women.  

Amen.

Agreed. Trump brought out the sexist snowflakes. I guess it's a good thing. Because ventilation helps prevent mass shootings, serial killings, etc.

Apparently, men have always hated women well back in the Ted Bundy (American) days. Jack the Ripper (Brit). And the Middle East/Muslim countries? Forget it. You dead. African countries sell their women.

The bible is also a good source from ancient times that depicts women being the epitome of evil (Lilith, Ashtoreth/Astarte, Delilah, Eve, etc).

So no. Men have always mistreated women since the beginning of mankind. But.... I've also only seen it more so in America after Trump.

But then again, the #MeToo movement came out around the same time. So... putting a stop to rape culture in America, helped infuriate American men even more. Lol Because now they're under a microscope for sexual harassment. And you can clearly SEE the frustration coming out of majority of the MGTOW whiners. 

• Fusion

Ah, so it's those pesky feminists, who are shaming men, who are to be blamed for mass shootings, isn't it? I always knew women were at fault when those happened, I just didn't know why. But I do like your thinking, sexism is the way forward if we want to get things done.

• Bill

Women started the gender war more than a century ago and were trying to start it as early as the 17th century. Where exactly do you think you get off saying men are looking to start a gender war? We just decided to fight back instead of being like the men of our parents generation that allowed women to step all over them and their sons. In fact, those men are still doing it and still ignorant of the effects it has on them and the men around them. 

There is also not much dispute left over the fact that feminism and women have caused a great deal of harm to society over the last fifty years, but instead of recognizing their errors they just ignore them and keep doing the same thing without a seconds thought.

• Bill

I love how someone keeps reporting my comments for no other reason than to try to get me suspended. lol

Anyway, to repeat myself, the phrase "independence from men" makes my point all by itself. 

I keep telling you, your complete lack of understanding of statistics and math leads you to stupid ideas. There is no movement to repeal the 19th amendment and it is under NO serious threat of ANY kind. And your quotes from self-identified Nazis do not change that.

What you notice online is typical only of -- what you notice online. ALL of your conclusions from what you see are ALWAYS wrong.

For instance, as difficult as it might be for you to admit, Trump got the MAJORITY of white women's votes -- even though he got a MINORITY of the whole country's votes. (See, there's that math thing again).

WHY would he want to take the vote away from a group that the majority of which voted for him?

Every time you open your mouth, you hurt your own causes (and offend people who care about reality). If you REALLY want to help things, YOU NEED TO BE QUIET. 

But I doubt that you will, because you think you have something to contribute.

However, no one else does.

As long as you concentrate on this nonsensical babble, you are just entertainment. However, I am never so afraid as when you talk on a subject where we might agree on the meat of it, because I know you will include all sorts of easily disprovable crap and discredit the point of view. 

For instance, when I see you talking about abortion rights, a chill runs up my spine, be cause I know I'm going to have to deal with all sorts of man-bashing bullshlt, in order to defend the basic human right to self-manage reproduction.

Again, the very best thing you could do for the issues you claim to be concerned about is to be quiet about them.

And I know that ain't gonna happen.

Well, I'm off to my girlfriend's until Sunday night. And I'm morally certain that when I  go back online, I'll find you've posted some other nonsense.