Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How much weight will I lose?

I got 5 teeth out at the hospital last Wednesday, the dental doctor said I can't eat anything solid for two weeks, I can only drink nutritious drinks (like Ensure) and Soup. But i'm not going to eat for a month just to be sure everything heals up right. So how much weight can I lose by just drinking soup everyday for a month.?

Favorite Answer

If the soup is high enough in sodium, fat, and carbohydrates, you could gain weight.  Personally, I don't call most commercially made soups nutritious and Ensure contains artificial sweeteners.  Instead of Ensure, get some whey protein powder and mix it with almond, oat, or dairy milk (or greek yogurt for a creamier beverage) -- much cheaper than Ensure in the long run and doesn't taste chalky like Ensure.  For soups, stick to bone broths -- more expensive, although you can make them yourself with some beef broth and marrow bones -- but the collagen in them will aid healing and the nutritional aspect is higher.   As for your question, it is difficult to say how much weight you might lose not knowing what your weight is now or what your current diet consists of.  You could lose one pound in two weeks, you could lose up to five.

Calories do count. However, many soups are very satisfying and nourishing. If they're composed of broth and balanced, healthy ingredients, they can be an ideal diet food.

I had three days without food after a dental abscess and I was desperate on the fourth day.

Do you actually think youre going to get a real answer without giving any information? At this point a simple yes would be sufficient