What does rape do to your body?

I was raped when I was in 7th grade and I’ve always experienced pain during sex. I’m not sure if it’s because I was raped or not. I pee very frequently and I can’t ever pee it all out. 

It sounds like you may currently have a urinary tract infection (which is most likely unrelated to the rape), but having been violated may (understandably) make it difficult for you to relax fully when having sex.

It's also necessary for your partner to take it slow, with plenty of foreplay - and possible use lubricant.

Go to clinic and have them check for a UTI, and possibly set up an appointment with an OBGYN to see if there is anything else that could be causing pain.

• sian

That was horrible. I think you should see a gynaecologist to check on you. Unfortunately your urethral orifice is probably not able to distinguish when your bladder is empty. Maybe the rape harmed that more than your vaginal orifice. That is NOT a major thing - l can sometimes tell that my u.o. hasn't released all pee. It isn't a disease causing it. Hope things get better .

• juliet

Rape does all sorts of psychological things to you, that can manifest physically such as with Dyspareunia. I’m sorry this happened to you. I don’t think anything is physically wrong with you sexually, I really do think it’s psychological. But you never know, especially with your urination issue. So see someone professional.

With therapy, this problem can go away. I HIGHLY recommend therapy WHENEVER you’re ready. You deserve to enjoy sex. As for the oliguria, that can lead to a UTI, because that means urine is pooling in your bladder. That’s a breeding ground for infection. Untreated/frequent UTIs can lead to kidney infection. So I would definitely see a therapist, and even your primary care doctor.

The help is there, my friend. Get better :)

Rape, especially if the rape was violent, would cause, or could cause, some bruising and tearing around the genitals, but that would clear up quickly. There should be no permanent damage, especially as you were around 12 years old and physically capable of sex with an adult male. Any European girl over 7 years and any Asian girl over 8 is normally physically capable of sex with an adult male without physical  problems. Younger girls may have damage to their genitals including a fistula between the vagina and urethra causing urine to leak from the vagina.

Pain during sex may mean you have some physical problem with your vagina (unrelated to the tape) and therefore I suggest visiting a Gynecologist for an examination and possibly some treatment. The treatment may be some ointment, some lubricant to use during sex or even some minor surgery.

That's a tough situation.  My advice:  Go to a gynecologist and tell your story, leaving nothing out.  Your condition may require some minor surgery or other treatment, but it's very likely they'll be able to help you.