Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Could I be pregnant after taking Plan B?

I had unprotected sex 7 days ago during my fertile window. I know I was ovulating at the time because I had really wet cervical mucus and my app told me I was ovulating that day. I told the guy to pull out, but the first time he only pulled out halfway. The second and third time he came inside me. We had been drinking, and I was drunk while he barely was. I took Plan B approximately 6 hours after the last round and almost 12 hours after the first round we had sex. I experienced nausea, fatigue, tender breasts, and mood swings 24 hours later, then they went away. I had watery cervical mucus the day I took the pill, but the next day all my CM went away. I was completely dry. The following week, I slowly started feeling extra tired, dizzy, frequent urination, and today tender breasts. I also felt slight, but not painful cramps this morning. I’m wondering if I’m experiencing implantation or just the Plan B telling me I might have my period soon?

Sex without birth control is the single most popular way to become parents.

Pulling out is not birth control.

If you already ovulated, Plan B would do nothing.

You have three days after sex to take the Plan to lower your chances of getting pregnant. What your experiences right now, is probably the side effects or your period is coming soon. You have to wait for another two to three weeks to find out if you really are pregnant or not. Every body is different and obviously, your symptoms can be a sign of pregnancy as well but there are many reasons why you’re feeling the way you feel. 

• helene

It's just too early to know one way or another.

Your app is only GUESSING at  your ovulation day.  It might have been right - but it is not reliable.  Tracking physical symptoms of ovulation is a little more reliable - but if the only sign you are tracking is cervical mucus - that is also not 100% reliable.  

ALL forms of birth control have a failure rate.  So - yes - you MIGHT be pregnant even after using plan B.

There are NO pregnancy symptoms 24 hours after sex.

There are NO implantation symptoms other than MAYBE a little drop of blood and MAYBE some MILD cramps - most women DO NOT NOTICE the symptoms of implantation or never even have them at all.  So all those symptoms that happened about a week later are not implantation symptoms.  And it would also be too soon for actual pregnancy symptoms.

Pregnancy hormones cause pregnancy symptoms.  If you are not getting a positive pregnancy test yet - then  your current symptoms are NOT because of a possible pregnancy.  That does not mean you aren't pregnant.  It just means your current symptoms are not caused by pregnancy.

Plan B is a MASSIVE dose of HORMONES. Everything you are experiencing MIGHT just be a reaction to Plan B.

If your period is late - take a pregnancy test.  When it is 21 days after sex - then you can trust a negative test.  Before then, there is still a small chance of testing too soon.  Remember that plan B MIGHT delay your period especially if you had not actually ovulated yet and plan B did actually delay ovulation.