Margie Simon asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

We have a dog named button. Came from a breeder in Florida. Doesn't like to be "much" touched, or go for walks. Can't be housetrained.?

Only because you never learned how to train the dog. Did you get it as a pup? Training should have started the day you brought her home. I am guessing you never socialize her, haven't given her enough exercise, no mental stimulation & that she has stagnated.

You didn't mention her breed or most predominate breed or let us know what size she is & what kind of exercise she needs.

In order to help you I would need more information about her. age, breed, where you live now, any other pets,.....

It is just because she hasn't been brought up right to be a normal dog.

Sounds to me like you bought a dog from a puppy mill.  Give it back to the breeder, sell it on Craigslist or surrender it to a rescue or shelter.

That's a real shame.  You do not BOTHER to mention the breed or age of said dog or puppy.  It is either a very independent dog (or breed  -and there are some VERY independent breeds who hardly give a hoot about bonding to/with their owners) or you got one that lacks virtually all socialization/handling that should have been done, by a reputable breeder in the first 8 weeks.  (Highly likely if you bought from a BYB or PUPPY MILL).  Btw, no puppy mills will TELL YOU they are one, but they ALWAYS have puppies and/or dogs available.

I would have to assume you:1) Did little to no research on the "breeder".  (Got no references from the national club.)2) Did not go see the litter; 3) And DID NOT pick out a pup or two that you preferred & liked the temperament of, if the breeder was choosing.

Not knowing more information it is hard to give you much advice esp if this is a BYB or PUPPY MILL animal from lousy temperamented stock.  Too bad for you.  Experience is the price you pay.... in the school of tuition.

• Jojo

How OLD is this dog.Is  Is it a puppy?

Pups and dogs that don`t like to be touched or go outside their envoronment have not been handled or socialised when a young pup. I suspect you have been `sold a pup` so to speak, by an unreputable dog breeder. 

Did you see the pup / dog at the breeders premises an if as a pup, with its mother, before you bought it?

It  is going to take time and patience to rehabilitate this dog/pup and will be even harder to do if the dog/ pup has a very weak or nervous nature.

Without more info its very hard to give any positive advice.

So I'm afraid you have chosen a backyard breeder who has not socialised the pups enough in their first eight weeks. 

Sounds like you have a nervy pup and you will have to work hard to bring him / her round.  Unfortunately people still do not do their homework prior to buying a puppy and all the time you have breeders who sell their dogs they will keep breeding whether a good or bad breeder.  

Is there a question in here that I'm missing?