Joy asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Baby daddy issues?

Me and my child's father have a 4 month old son together. We were never in a relationship but we were friends with benefits on and off again (I guess you can say) for a little over 10 years. It was mostly a sexual relationship which I was fine with. We just didn't care and stopped using condoms. I ended up pregnant. He didn't attend any of our son's appointments when I was pregnant and didn't show up when he was born. A month after he was born he came to my house and saw him one time. We ended up having a sex. I honestly think that's all he wanted. After that I didn't hear from him for almost a whole month. Fast forward, he reached out to me but we argued. I just feel like if you can a month without seeing your child then you don't give ****. We argued and that was it. Fast forward to another month he recently reached out again. The first thing he asked when I picked up was if I was laid up with someone. Not even ask how his son is doing or anything. I hung up and he continued to text me and call me. He text and said he wants to be in our son's life,ask if I had a man now, asked if he could come take care of his son and help me with bills. I blew him off once again but now I feel bad. I want my son to know his father but I think my child's father only comes in and out when he wants. A part of me wants to just move on with my life. I have did everything on my own and my son is just fine. but then I want him to have his dad in his life. What should I do?

4 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Yup, turns out "just didn't care" about being responsible tends to result in pregnancy. The good news is that children don't form permanent memories until about four. So if your son is younger than that there's still the chance to give him up for adoption to someone who does plan, practice responsibility and can provide him with a life that isn't a free-for-all. You treat parenting like a hobby when it's actually a full time job.

    • Joy1 month agoReport

      I won't be giving my child up for adoption. goodbye

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    You two are poison to each other and the child is just going to have a rough life.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    not much you can do, its up to him to want him in his life

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You should consult a lawyer about getting child support.  This guy obviously never wanted to be a father and doesn't care about his son.  He's legally and morally responsible for raising the child, so get a legal agreement for child support for the child's sake.

    • Joy2 months agoReport

      thank you

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.