Boo asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is this normal my dog is 2 it's super cold outside rn, after we've played/walked or I've just let him out to pee he oves to sit outside?

in the freezing cold & it's really difficult to get him to want to come back in as he just sits there is this normal or should I be worried

Also when I put him to bed he always cries for me to come back down to give him some more love & cuddles before sleep is this normal?

• Jojo
    Favorite Answer

It`s perfectly normal. Sometimes a warm heated house can be uncomfortable for some dogs. Some dogs love to be outside, despite the fact that a lot of dog owners are convinced that keeping a dog outside permanently is unkind. Of course it all depends on the individual  dog and its age and breed. A thick coated dog is going to like being out in the cold weather a lot more than  thin coated dog. 

As for your dog crying when you put him to bed, you have conditioned him to do this each night by giving in to his cries for attention and its now become an established habit for him. But if that is not bothering you at all, then good luck with it all, and no its not `normal` for a dog to do that.

Don't know if it is normal or not. You did not tell us the breed or size of the dog. Dog must have a thick coat or double coated. I got a short coated Boxer X & she love the be outside regardless of the weather. I keep thinking she is going to freeze to death but she is always nice & warm when she comes in. Only her ears are cold.

• Boo1 month agoReport

Flat coated Retriever

• Jack H

As Zots says, the breeds are different...

https://pin.it/2eq3pkroz2q47s

• PR

Our dog did that when she had a bladder infection and was worried about having an accident. The other dog wouldn't come inside when the smoke detector alert battery was beeping. Malamutes and Huskies sometimes want to stay outside.

Bring your dog to your room so he can sleep there.

My old dog never objected to being outside unless the temperature was hovering around and below 0* F. 

What kind of dog? Lots of dog like it when it's cold. My Newfie LOVES the cold. He'll lie right down on the frozen ground.

But HOW cold is it? If it's below freezing you need to limit the time he's out there.