Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Am i wrong for saying this to my friend? ?

I’m known to be blunt and say it like it is. I’m not judging her for her actions but is it wrong for me to tell one of my friends she can have fun but just respect herself. I say that because i do hang out with her a lot and the way she carries herself is kind of 

like not good, and i don’t want other men around us to think I’m the same way she is because people say you are who you hang out with. 

• Foofa

She's not "your friend". She's a woman you're in lust with and you're jealous that she takes you at your word when you pretend to be just a platonic friend. You clearly have no respect for her, so yeah, you're "wrong" for deceiving her and feigning a friendship when what you really are is a jealous, unrequited would be lover.

Falling in love in the molly

• Helen

If you have good intentions, then no, you are not wrong to be honest. However she is also entitled to feel hurt or insulted by your comment. 

It sounds as though you're judging her. Perhaps you need to let her know that isn't the case and you're just worried.

I get where your coming from but at the end of the day. Do what’s best for you. Honestly no it’s not right for you to say . But the truth hurts and your friends should tell you the truth. And you are not who you hang around. That’s not true . But who you allow in your life does have influence. But your still your own person . And should know right from wrong. I would really worry less on what people have to say . And more on if your friend is your real friend . Cause Genuine friend are hard to come across.

• SW-6

Would it be wrong for a friend to say to you that you can have fun but just respect yourself? There's your answer. .