Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Should I give a gift to a coworker for the birth of her second child?

There was a pot luck baby shower at work. As far as I know I was the only employee who was not invited. I would like to give the expectant mother a card with some cash in it. Should I just give the card to her, leave it on her desk or should I explain why I did not appear at her surprise baby shower?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If it can be easily done, I'd advise you to deliver it to her desk when she's there. That will give you a chance to say, "I didn't know about the shower in time to be there, but I did want to give you something." Say this with a smile, and you'll have explained your absence without making her feel awkward. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Should doesn't really play a role here.  If you WANT to give her a card, a gift, or anything else, feel free.  If you don't, then don't.  

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could give her a card [maybe a gift voucher card] for a small amount? You could put in the card, "Sorry I missed your shower!".

Then she may enquire why later and you can decide what to tell her then.

• 1 month ago

Ultimately, decide what is best for your wellbeing. What will make you comfortable? Either way, this is a considerate gesture.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would give it to her

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.