What are some Musical Elements in Claude Debussy's Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp?

Specifically in either the first or last movement. I know it's in the romantic era, and so I was looking for some elements from that era in this piece. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There is ample written about the unfinished group of sonatas that Debussy composed in the last years of his life. I have written and performed in concerts, a transcription for flute of the g minor violin sonata.  There are elements and passages there that hint at Les Six, although he was never a member. And now it is FOUR homework questions in a row???  DYOH or drop the class, because we professional Classical musicians here did our homework decades ago.  Your turn, fella.

Source(s): Music theorist, teacher, retired music director, professional flutist, married to musicologist and pianist.
    • Josh1 month agoReport

Ok, Boomer

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Debussy's music is usually considered Impressionistic rather than Romantic.

• Josh1 month agoReport

Oh thats right, I always get mixed up with that because I'm pretty sure he lived through much of the romantic era but his music wasn't really considered to be part of that era

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.