Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

Would you rather have your eyeball sliced with a knife or wear glasses?

Eye repair or glasses?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Cataract surgery is well-researched and one of the safest eye surgeries. The patient is anesthetized and wakes up about fifteen minutes later with no pain, but with an eyepatch to be worn for a day or so.

I don't know anything about more serious eye surgery.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's the thought of someone cutting my eyeball that disturbs me. Even getting close to it with something sharp. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

A lot of misinformation here including in the best answer. You are awake during most eye procedures. This is definitely true for LASIK and cataract surgery. You need to provide some level of cooperation. Unless something goes wrong, you will not wear a patch after LASIK or cataract surgery. You will be given something before either surgery before to reduce your anxiety. LASIK is generally done without any blades now.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Glasses or contacts work. Surgery is needed for cataracts.

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Glasses are how I correct my vision,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If I thought that having surgery to correct my eyes would correct my eyes I pay for the surgery they knock you out and you don't feel a thing. The problem is is that the surgery doesn't last forever you may need it again in 5 years. and everybody that I know that's had the surgery has complained of itchy eyes and dry eyes after they had the surgery. I'm not willing to pay $15,000 to see clearly for five years and then have that happen again I'll take contacts or glasses

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.