Stygian asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Which are more dangerous: Coyotes or Pit Bulls?

Favorite Answer

To WHAT? Humans? Pit Bulls account for over 70% of deaths by dog attack. There have been very few if any people killed by coyotes.

But coyotes are VERY dangerous to free roaming cats and small dogs..

How about finding this out for yourself?  Walk up to both of these and give them a nice big hug and let us know how that goes.

• David B.
      1 month agoReport

Sure walk up to any dog you don't know and try to hug it. That's great advice. And a good way to get bitten on the face even by a Chihuahua or a poodle!

Coyotes! They lure small dogs out of their property to only be met by the rest of the coyote pack. When hungry enough they will go after small children. My cousin just had one stalking her son at their local park. 

While any dog can be dangerous it sucks that pitbulls have been given such a bad rep because of bad people. I worked in an animal shelter for about 2 years and was attacked by chihuahua's and hounds numerous times and was only corned once by a pit in the play yard. Which was my fault I didn't read the dogs body language which was telling me that he was getting overly stimulated and didn't know how to handle it. (my fault and i DON'T blame the dog)

• Star_of_Darkness

Coyotes are not dangerous to people Pitt bulls are dangerous to humans and commonly kill, bit and maul kids 

Depends on the situation. A pit can do a lot of damage for one dog. Coyotes hunt in packs.

Pits are a greater threat to people than Coyotes are.

pit bulls are .........enough characters

They're both dangerous. Pit Bulls are moreso. 

• Veschengro

Any snow in your neck of the woods im coming over again soon

• Goerge

Coyotes.

It's the bleep behind the pit bull that's the dangerous one.

Our pit bull is surrounded by 20 acres, coyotes and feral hogs among other wildlife out here. He and 2 other dogs chased off a pack of hogs not even a month ago. The coyotes aren't so brazen but I'm sure he's had his run-ins.

i think it depends more on the individual dog than what kind they are

Pit bulls. So far, so good. I'd never approach a coyote, or a wild dog to pet. But of the 25-30 pit bulls I've approached I know I may be crossing a line. No fear, just caution. I offer the back of my hand for them to sniff. I follow their lead. Some walk away, some lower their head, wag their tail/nub and step towards me to pet.

The danger is I am willing to get close to a pit bull.

If by more dangerous you mean potential to inflict bodily harm that would be a Pit Bull. But coyotes are wild animals and Pits are domesticated dogs. One can make a very good pet the other not so much. I'm certain that you can decide which is which.

definetly coyotes dispite popular belifes pitbulls are actuly very nice dogs and as long as you don't abuse them they will love you forever