Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Which one is more dangerous to go against in a street fight ?

Tall, skinny or fat???

It was 1964, me and my mate were in the Saddle pub knocking a few pints back (bitter) and listening to the Duke Box at a shilling a spin. My light grey Morris 1000 van was parked outside along side my mates old black Vauxhall saloon. This was long before drink driving laws.

.

Two guys came in our age, after 30 min's my mate said something, they said something. My mate said, I wonder if they've been messing with our transport? I loved my Morris 1000 van, it was my passion wagon in those days. Hey! You guys, have ya been messing with my van? No we ain't one of them said. 

.

When the landlord called time we left the pub at the same time as these two other guys. We're stood outside and I'm checking over my van, are ya sure you ain't been messing with my van, I said.  I was looking at this guy close up. He kicked out at me trying for my head, I ducked, he missed.

.

The next thing I realised he had me in a headlock, I pulled him to the ground, we were now in the street kicking and gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer, it was MY BLOOD. He's given me a right one to my nose, I was bleeding and it hurt. I gave the guy (I'm still in a headlock) two massive rights to his ribs, he let out a yell both times and let go.

.

When I got up orf the road he was bent double walking off down the road. I turned to his mate but my mate was already TALKING TO HIM. What the f*uck is going on here I thought. I was bleeding all down my shirt, IT WAS REAL BLOOD. Eventually it stopped and we all went home. 

.

My nose was swollen, I don't my mum I'd fallen. I didn't go out for over a week and my mate called, Are we going for a pint, he said. Yeah! sure lets go to the Saddle, I replied. Off we went, I think I followed him and there was two places to park outside the pub.  Two pints of the best, shillings in the Duke box, the usual stuff. We loved listening to KING OF THE ROAD. I think we wore that record out. ;-)

.

My mate said, hey! look whose just come in, look whose stood at the bar. I turned my head towards the bar, F*CK ME. The same two guys standing at the bar. Jeesuz! I said to my mate, are ya sure that's the guy? My mate said, it sure is, I was stood there watching you two, remember, he said? 

.

This guy was f*cking big, 6x7 if he was an inch shorter, I was at that time 6x2. Jeesuz! I'd picked a fight with THIS GUY? REALLY? I walked up to the bar, Hey! did we really get messy last week, I said? He turned round, we sure did and ya broke two of my ribs, did I break your nose he said? You didn't break it but, it sure hurt for a few days, I relied. 

.

Can I buy you a pint, he said, can I buy you one I said? 

'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HBQFjoqDYE

Youtube thumbnail

Whoever is an experienced kung-fu fighter.

• David

Context matters, as well as strength. Someone being fat doesn’t automatically mean they’re strong or tough, and being skinny doesn’t mean they’re automatically weak or can’t fight. And tall..probably doesn’t matter unless they have good fighting skills.

Fat, definitely

Fat and bony.