Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

why can't i just ever focus and do an assignment ?

It's more than just a procrastination problem because I will literally start an assignment weeks before the deadline and just not be able to get it done. My mind will blank and I instantly get fatigued (I can practically feel my brain melting). It takes me 10+ hours to get one page done. It's gotten to the point where I will literally be in tears and having a panic attack but still can't get assignments done. I try my hardest to just suck it up and power through it. I've tried diets, exercise, setting a timer for 25 minutes technique, music, different settings and even adderall. These things helped somewhat but nothing fixed the problem. I don't understand. I have the motivation and the fear to get things done but I just can't for some reason. why I'm never able to just suck it up and get everything done. Any advice on how to beat this or what might be causing it? It's really screwing me over in university

You should try to read and seeking related information before writing anything. 

• August

An under graduate at university should surely know that professions help is needed 

• Mercy

You may have Attention Deficit Disorder. See your counsellor or Dr for some testing.

(POst this in the Education section.)

Source(s): teacher

Because you are mental.

• Mr. P

I was the same with assignments and always tended to put them off - but there was this nagging depression that was always looming telling me I had to get it done.

This was instantly released and turned to elation and joy as soon as it was done.

Then I realised I was spending 95% of my time feeling down by putting it off and only 5% feeling good when it was finished.

I would not do the assignment first thing, but I would read over the question again and again to get it straight in my head what was needed.

Then I would make notes and read in the following weeks.

Then I would set a day to spend on only doing it - no distractions - lots of tea and as many biscuits as I could eat!

Then I would usually just crack on with it until it was finished.

The food thing -  I think it helps to overeat during hard brain work.

You might need a tutor.

I always left my assignments until the last minute when I was in college, nothing wrong with that, I never failed a test or exam or subject while in college

child, you prefer trolling, not rocket science

You need to relax more and realise anything, no matter how trashy it is better than nothing.  Once you get into it, you'll find the initial trash improves into something excellent.