Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Breast cancer anxiety and now aches?

So for the last month or two I've had health anxiety about breast cancer triggered by a friend's sisters passing 

I was always checking my nipples for discharge that wasn't there and then most recently constantly checking boobs for lumps. Like a few times a day. The last two weeks I had an ache in both boobs, mostly left, which I thought was period related as I was due and then was on my period. I am now at ovulation stage and still have the occasional ache. I have felt for lumps and can't find any, I'm only flat chested but my OCD can't let go while I have these aches. 

Possible it's because I'm worrying about it? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Aaaaghh, I get that too. My boobs can hurt a little before, during, and after my period. If you keep doing self-exams and getting mammograms on the schedule recommended by your doctor, exercise, and don't drink much alcohol, then your chances of breast cancer will be far lower than any number of possibilities. And definitely seek help for the OCD. I have it too, and it makes life so much harder to enjoy. I really think you're fine, though!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I would say so and I don't think what you are doing is good for your breasts. I personally think you would be better off letting someone suck on them. :)

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.