who else hated their last trip to Hawaii, and for what reason?

I've been there many times. Loved it enough to keep coming back.  There are, however, things not to like about it: everything very expensive, since most things are imported and its geared to the tourist trade, for one thing. Another: there is a palpable dislike, if not hatred, by locals who aren't white, toward the "Haoles", (look it up).  And, according to a government official I chanced to once meet, Hawaii has the largest homeless population of anywhere in the U.S.A. One more thing: the ocean is beautiful, enticing, warm, and lovely ! But be forewarned! There are creatures that bite and sting, rip tides (I once got caught in one!), runoffs after rain that attract sharks (They don't tell you about stuff like this!), so watch out and be careful !  Its tropical. That means that it gets really hot, sometimes, really muggy ! Especially at lower elevations. Check the best time of year to go, weather wise, it makes a huge difference in your comfort level.  Lastly, take lots of money ! Aloha...!

Not me, I loved my trips and living there.

Visited in 2014. Hated leaving. Bought  a place in 2016. Moved here in 2018. Never regretted it.

I was stationed there 2011-2012 while in service, I'm now 27 & discharged for an embarrassing situation I'd rather not share :)

I thought it was quite pleasant.  Warm & sunny, with sandy beaches, & palm trees.  I really didn't want to go home.  They even had a Starbucks not too far away.  Dang, I need to buy myself a home out here.   

• Redstone

There are condos to be had here, better look into it before it becomes to expensive to buy.

a dump full of wetbacks coons greasers, yes hawaii is nasty place that capitalism made into, a communism would have kept the HIV down and the homeless down as well

• Redstone

So which CRINK enclave do you hail from?

Not me, I've loved every trip.  What was your issue?

• Rick

The only time I was in Hawaii was went our plane stopped for fuel on the way to Vietnam .............

• Dr. Stephanie
      3 weeks agoReport

Another person who didn't answer the asker's question...ho hum 

I have loved every minute of my visits to Hawaii. I don't know what people get out of coming on here to malign some place they have a grudge against. 

• k w

I don't fly.......sorry.......