who else hated their last trip to Hawaii, and for what reason?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I've been there many times. Loved it enough to keep coming back.  There are, however, things not to like about it: everything very expensive, since most things are imported and its geared to the tourist trade, for one thing. Another: there is a palpable dislike, if not hatred, by locals who aren't white, toward the "Haoles", (look it up).  And, according to a government official I chanced to once meet, Hawaii has the largest homeless population of anywhere in the U.S.A. One more thing: the ocean is beautiful, enticing, warm, and lovely ! But be forewarned! There are creatures that bite and sting, rip tides (I once got caught in one!), runoffs after rain that attract sharks (They don't tell you about stuff like this!), so watch out and be careful !  Its tropical. That means that it gets really hot, sometimes, really muggy ! Especially at lower elevations. Check the best time of year to go, weather wise, it makes a huge difference in your comfort level.  Lastly, take lots of money ! Aloha...!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Not me, I loved my trips and living there.

• 2 months ago

Visited in 2014. Hated leaving. Bought  a place in 2016. Moved here in 2018. Never regretted it.

• 2 months ago

I was stationed there 2011-2012 while in service, I'm now 27 & discharged for an embarrassing situation I'd rather not share :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I thought it was quite pleasant.  Warm & sunny, with sandy beaches, & palm trees.  I really didn't want to go home.  They even had a Starbucks not too far away.  Dang, I need to buy myself a home out here.   

• Redstone
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

There are condos to be had here, better look into it before it becomes to expensive to buy.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

a dump full of wetbacks coons greasers, yes hawaii is nasty place that capitalism made into, a communism would have kept the HIV down and the homeless down as well

• Redstone
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

So which CRINK enclave do you hail from?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Not me, I've loved every trip.  What was your issue?

• Rick
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

The only time I was in Hawaii was went our plane stopped for fuel on the way to Vietnam .............

• Dr. Stephanie
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Another person who didn't answer the asker's question...ho hum 

• 3 months ago

I have loved every minute of my visits to Hawaii. I don't know what people get out of coming on here to malign some place they have a grudge against. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I don't fly.......sorry.......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.