Do am I required to see a doctor if I have health insurance? ?

I'm getting independent insurance for the first time because it is required in my state or I'll be fined...however I don't believe in modern medicine nor do I have faith in doctors after the treatment given to my grandmother for cancer went wrong and deteriorated her stomach and killed her faster than the cancer was. Am I required to see doctors with a certain regularity if I have insurance coverage? I personally would rather live and die organically rather than be poisoned and in pain if I were ever terminally ill.

Favorite Answer

Isn't it refreshing to see so many people that are against the mainstream healthcare system...and yet, when non-mainstream solutions are offered, everyone jumps on the medical bandwagon and condemns that person for even suggesting such a thing?

If you are forced to buy insurance (isn't Obamacare wonderful?) that doesn't mean you have to use it - unless, of course, you need to pay for something medical. But having the insurance doesn't force you to go to a doctor if you don't need one or simply choose not to.

I was in the military so I don't have to put up with that nonsense - although the VA does require a backup form of insurance just in case I need a procedure done that they don't cover. But medicare parts A & B take care of that at no cost.

I am in agreement with you, though - I am against the "pill pushers", myself. But I know how to maintain my own health or fix whatever problems arise. I've not taken medication for anything in the past 10 years (and I've been diagnosed with some serious issues).

• ◄♦►
      1 month agoReport

You can't "just lie" - they'll want to see proof of insurance before they do anything for you. Learn how to research the cause of the problem you're dealing with and see if you can fix it yourself.

• k w

not that I know of, I call them quacks, and manage fine on my own....just don't go there

and do what you think is right, I remember grandma and grandpa called them pill pushers......"20,000 Secrets of tea" is the best book reco I recently got......better get used to being unpopular, most folks just don't know who to trust.....

• kelvin

you need too pack up and leave as that is garbage

You do not have to go to the doctor.