Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 1 month ago

Should I get a PATERNITY  test?

My gf is Latina but looks kinda white she has straight hair fair skin. I’m black n she gave birth 4 months ago, I have noticed the baby looks kinda middle eastern our son has straight hair n tan skin he looks Middle East. She did tell me that her ex was Pakistani. 

It's entirely up to you what you do. It's actually none of my business. Take care

Do you want to support a child that MAY not be yours until the child is between 18 and 21?

IF NOT ask for paternity testing.

I have two biracial grandchildren. One is as white as white and the other is as black as black.  Same parents.  You can't tell by color.

Looks mean very little. Most black Americans have European DNA in their ancestry.  It's entirely possible that your son inherited some of that DNA from you, and combined with her European DNA, he came out with straight hair.

This couple have two sets of twins, and each time one of the twins is black and one is white:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/8606111/british-...

If you have no other reason than this to think your girlfriend cheated on you, it will likely ruin your relationship with her if you accuse her of cheating.

After 4 months, you may already be considered by the courts to be the father responsible for child support if this went to court.  you can get a home DNA test and take a sample from your daughter and you and have it checked.  Your wife never needs to know (have the results sent to work, a friend, etc).

• LizB

Do you have solid reason to believe that she may have been unfaithful, other than how the baby looks? Because unless you have *strong* suspicion that she cheated on you, demanding a paternity test will break the trust in your relationship forever. If she's been faithful then there's honestly no bigger insult.

Your choice if you can afford to pay for the test it isn't free

• GTB

That is always considered prudent as any attorney would say. Of course, if the test is positive, you are legally bound to follow up with child support. On the other hand, if the mother believes you are the father, she should move for child support and then the court will mandate the paternity test unless you waive it.