Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Should I listen to my parents about my clothes?

I have an hourglass shape to my body and I've always liked wearing my jeans stretchy and tight because it feels good to me how they hug my body. I finally found a jeans brand that fits me good everywhere but my parents are completely against me wearing them because "guys will stare." I want to respect them but I'm 17 and I buy my own clothes.

My mom is very chill and dresses fashionably. She gives me freedom to wear what I want since I am a good son.

• Cee

I understand their concerns. All I can suggest is you have a mature discussion about it with them.

• kristy

Parents these days, geezus! Everyone has been wearing tight jeans for years and they are still in style. If they are dead set against it, buy them anyway and stash them at a friends house. You can go there and change after you leave home and before you go back home.

Possibly so

Well, you're getting to the age where you want the guys to stare.  Not too much maybe but somewhat.

Guys will look regardless. You are 17. It is typical of your parents to want to protect you. Just use good common sense.

• Liz

Hi. I know you're frustrated but, really, your parents are concerned for you. Considering the amount of crime being carried out against women today, you should be glad they're aware of how you're dressing. (Ephesians 6:1-3)

You might want to explore some of the articles under "clothing" on the website below. In particular these two might interest you:

wol.jw.org/g 82 12/22 Does it Really Matter What I Wear?

wol.jw.org/g99 2/8 The Kind of Clothes We Wear - Does it Really Matter?

Source(s): wol.jw.org

Dodgy eyes look at appearances