Who does Verizon run the credit check on? ?

I’m on my fathers cell phone plan, if I upgrade my phone will they run the credit check on me or my dad since he is the owner of the plan? 

They're only going to run a credit check on your dad and not you. Remember this your father's plan you're already on and his name is on the bill.

• ron h

As far as VZW knows, you just found the phone.  If your dad lost it, it's his $ problem.

Unless you are on joint account, and allowing you to make changes or upgrades on the account, it's not happening, at least not without his permission. So if there needs to be a credit check, your dad's credit is who they will look at.

So until you get a post paid account in your name, you are just an add on to a family account. 

I doubt you will be allowed to do anything that alters the plan without your father giving his consent. That would include an upgrade of any kind.

• David B.

Julia; Since the account is in his name and he is legally responsible for the charges to that account it only makes sense that it would be his credit that they might check.