What are the best budget projectors for home theater?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A lot depends on how your going to use it. How many seating positions you have; how much lighting control you have for your room...Mounting of your projector ceiling mount or placed on a coffee table...how far the projector is from your screen (long throw, short throw)  and how large a screen you have  and of what type of reflective material it is made of....So just generally speaking Ben Q seems to be a brand that often has higher quality projectors at lower prices...but also depending on what exactly you needs are and what type projector you need  there may be another specific projector from another brand that more closely meets your needs....No bargain projector is going to have everything all will have compromises of one type or another, so you have to decide what aspects are most important to you...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

When you buy lesser products, 

you don't get as good a value as with some higher-priced ones. 

Visit a good home theater dealer (NOT a big box full of geeks). 

• 1 month ago

I used to have a projector and it was ok at first. The picture was the size of a pool table. The 2 main probs I got was contrast is rubbish so it really needs to be in a dark room even with the newest / most expensive ones as your projecting light, there's nothing can be done about that. 

I managed to get mine for just under 400 and the Bulb lasted about 4 years but the replacement was going to be about 400 as the bulb is the most expensive part. And now you don't know if new bulb tech will come out so if you get a cheap out of production model although they manufacture parts for 7 years after production if the idiots on eBay know they buy them bulk and put the prices up.

You've still got to pay for whatever audio output you want if you don't already have that. That's about another 500.TBH if you're after a screen of 60-70" just buy a 4k HDR. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.