how common is it to get tetanus?

scratched myself with something metal.. lots of scratches, they were just enough to make me bleed. the metal wasnt all that dirty. am i going to get tetanus? this sounds crazy, but note i got 1 hour of sleep total because of this thought

Favorite Answer

After 46 years in medical care, I can say I have only witnessed two cases. Not my patient, but hospitalized for care. Is it rare because so many get their tetanus shots??  Can't say for sure.

• a2 months agoReport

thank you :D im pretty certain i'm fine at this point, i guess i was just paranoid because it was at 5 in the morning

You'll definitely want to get a tetanus shot just in case. I had to get as a shot once after a nasty cat bite. The shot isn't a big deal, and is worth getting just in case.

People who know how the immune system and vaccines work will never takes vaccines anymore. they do not work anyway - they rather harm than work.

• patty

the bits of metal are in your blood stream and heading for your heart