Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Why do condoms seem to turn me off?

My partner and I want to stay safe but we still want to have some fun with each other. I can get hard like normal, but whenever I try to put on a condom it just goes soft and I can't get it back.

I can sustain it properly when I'm not using a condom, why can't I sustain it with one?

I've even tried different types of condoms (latex and non-latex; scented and unscented) and different lubes (including trying without) and various 'tricks' I've found before but I always go soft when condoms are involved.

I also go soft when my partner uses Femidoms. 

Is there something in all contraceptives that makes me go soft?

It's really embarrassing.

• Sam
    Favorite Answer

If you are using condoms to prevent pregnancy, there are oral contraceptives. 

If you are using them to prevent the spread of disease, both of you can get checked for STD's including HIV and if you are both free of those, and you each trust each other not to fool around with other people, then you don't need condoms. 

Do it the way it was meant to be, it always feels better.  

Source(s): Condoms have the same effect on me. It's mostly psychological.

Good question. Probably cause they diminish sensitivity down there, but good job on using them. Have you thought about using a penis health creme to provide essential nutrients to the penis.....? One thing that's smart is to get yourself a product that guarantees your satisfaction and will give you your money back if you're not totally happy with the results. 

It's usually just a mental thing - you have to stop what you are doing to fiddle around with a piece of rubber, and your penis will think it's time to pack it in (and now that you've experienced issues, it's hard to keep from getting anxiety).

One of the best ways to keep this from happening is to practice putting on a condom quickly (and/or having your partner do it), so that you don't have to put the action on hold.

• In

I personally am not sexually attracted to condoms either.

• shroud

you have to stop the fun to put it on, so you should

practice a few times while masturbating to get it done fast and easy

have her put it on you or help

you don't really have to stop to do it

have the condom ready to go 

Get a vasectomy or make sure she is on the pill.

You could be using too small a condom. If the condom is too tight, you could lose it. You could also be allergic to latex or the spermicide gel on most condoms. See your doctor, He can test f you are allergic to latex or spermicide gel.