Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

So this is a weird question but I won’t be able to sleep without asking, can I take legal action against my old job?

So I needed a little extra money we all got those lows, I sold my blood before work at this place called b positive, but they stabbed through one of my veins, and continued to take a lot of blood from the other side. My body couldn’t handle all the blood loss, and as a result my eyes started to roll into the back of my head and I passed out for a minute. I tried to call out but unfortunately since I was the closing manager I was told “you can’t call out I have plans.” By my store manager. “You can buy us chic Fil a though the salt will help you.” This woman terrified me because she could fire me in a second ruining my life. She continued to tell me I could nap on the bathroom floor until her shift was over, and that if I couldn’t find a closer to replace me, it was just tough luck. That was even harder to do since I passed out again on the bathroom floor. This happened about 6 months ago if not less but can I sue that company?? My district manager never believed me because I never documented anything, but I actually have proof on this one and many witnesses. 

You have nothing to sue for.

Yes, you can sue petty much everyone for everything.

Why would sue for damages - medical bills, lost income.  If you are still upset about this 6 month later you can also sue for mental health issues.

Personally, the one to sue would be yourself for selling blood and not filing a complaint with the Health Department when the facility took a "lot" of blood (apparently gallons), causing you to faint.

• xyzzy

Legal action for what? The fact that the "woman terrified me because she could fire me in a second ruining my life" is not grounds for a suit. Most any manager can fire most any employee in a second. How does being fired ruin your life? Grow up and quit being such a drama queen.

You fainted twice all because they took 16.5 ounces?  Okay...  Did you bother to eat or drink prior to procedure?  Did you drink plenty of water?  My guess is you didn't.  There's no basis for a lawsuit.

Sue for what exactly?

Were you forced to stay in the building or bathtoom?

Were there threats made to you?.

From the information provided, your employer did nothing wrong.

• Rick B

You can sue anyone you want, but I doubt you would get very far.

Go to sleep. You're not making any sense.