Anonymous

How do I resign as a casual employee ?

I recently received a casual job position. On average I get 6 shifts a month, and they’re all 3 hours. They have also been cancelling my shifts as well. Recently I found a job with better working hours, and find its more appropriate to quit the other. Is it best I inform my manager through phone call, in person or text 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Phone call + email combined

Email as written documentation and telephone is good enough for a sporadic hours job. Texting only if no email is available, but telephone to inform, and written to formalize it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If possible you should inform the manager in person, but if not, you can call him.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Inform them that you are no longer available for casual work.

• In person or calling them would be the best way to go. If that can't be done then send a resignation letter through email or text. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I prefer to do it in person or by phone, especially if he's not close to you. I just resigned my job by phone as my boss is several states away. Text is not acceptable unless he's as young as are.

• 2 months ago

Send the guy a text. It will be all that he deserves considering what you have written.

• 2 months ago

In person is best, but a phone call is okay, too, or in this situation even an email.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.