Anonymous

How do I resign as a casual employee ?

I recently received a casual job position. On average I get 6 shifts a month, and they’re all 3 hours. They have also been cancelling my shifts as well. Recently I found a job with better working hours, and find its more appropriate to quit the other. Is it best I inform my manager through phone call, in person or text 

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

Phone call + email combined

Email as written documentation and telephone is good enough for a sporadic hours job. Texting only if no email is available, but telephone to inform, and written to formalize it.

If possible you should inform the manager in person, but if not, you can call him.

• Judy

Inform them that you are no longer available for casual work.

• In person or calling them would be the best way to go. If that can't be done then send a resignation letter through email or text. 

I prefer to do it in person or by phone, especially if he's not close to you. I just resigned my job by phone as my boss is several states away. Text is not acceptable unless he's as young as are.

Send the guy a text. It will be all that he deserves considering what you have written.

In person is best, but a phone call is okay, too, or in this situation even an email.