What does it mean to dream seeing someone being stabbed to death? ?

I had a dream where I saw my bf being stabbed to death and I was in distress and shock. There was blood everywhere. We were being chased by someone we know but I don’t remember who, this person was targeting him bc it went at him first and stabbed him numerous times until he stopped breathing. I was screaming “please stop” and crying for help. In my dream I had more than one kid and the person who stabbed him later tried to break into my house to hurt us. I don’t remember exactly what happen. I don’t remember how this person ended up trying to hurt my family. But what does it mean? Is there even meaning behind it or just a bad dream ? 

Look to your real Life for the answer to your question.  Is everything okay or are you upset with several people?  Are there arguments and major conflicts with others in your Life?  If everything is basically okay, then just release this dream as odd.  We are all entitled an odd dream now and then. 

If you saw someone you love being stabbed in your dream, such a dream might reveal your fears for this person and also your feelings of being powerless to help them.

Maybe you are aware this person is doing something dangerous and that’s what makes you afraid for their safety.