Oral sex with cold sore?

I recently gave unprotected oral sex to a guy, but I didnt come into any contact with his ***. Well while doing it I had this thing on my lip and I cant tell if it's a cold sore or chapped lip. It feels like a cold sore but doesnt look like one. Either way just doing this put me in dangerous of getting an STD, since I didnt swallow anything?

• You can get an std with out swallowing. If this is a cold sore you could have passed it onto his genitals, if you gave him oral sex while you had the cold sore.

Cold sores usually cause some itching, burning and or tingling symptoms. They look like blisters or open paper cut like sores. If you want to know for sure if it's a cold sore, you should see a doctor and get it checked out. 

Thank you for sharing this with us.

You should be good as long as you said "no homo" afterwards (and he said it too).