Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I'm 17 and I want birth control pills. How do you use it? ?

My boyfriend wears condoms but I want to be more protected just in case. I'm planning to go on birth control. How do you take them? Is it everyday or sometimes?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The doctor that prescribes them will explain how to take them. You can get implants or monthly injections, monthly rings that can be inserted or you can take daily pills. The pills are best taken at the same time everyday and the best way to get into the habit is to take them when you brush your teeth at night or when you brush them in the morning. Whichever time is more consistent. You have to get a doctor to prescribe them because everyone is different. What works well for some doesn't work for others. The pill can have side effects so just be aware and make your boyfriend aware they can make you moody, irritable or depressed. Again everyone is different so you may have no side effects at all. If you are close to your mom and can tell her that you want them, then do so. She should be aware in case you do have side effects and they're probably covered under your health plan.

• Login to reply the answers
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The link is a comprehensive guide to the pill and other forms of contraception.  Some of the information about how to get contraception is specific to the UK.  If you use hormonal birth control carefully then it is more effective than using condoms but its not a bad idea to use both if you need to be extra careful.  If the condom ever breaks but you have been using the birth control correctly then its not necessary to use Plan B/morning after pill.  The birth control will already be protecting you to a high level.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The Dr. that writes the Rx will tell you as will the pharmacist.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You take them every day about the same time of day and they give you almost 100 percent protection if used faithfully.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

.................SEE A DOCTOR................

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

You take them daily.

For goddess' sake child get yourself to a doctor or women's clinic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.