Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

are these symptoms of a blood clot?

So i wouldnt say ive been having chest pains necessarily but more like a squeezing/tightening feeling in my chest for the past week. Along with that ive been having a pain in my left knee followed by weakness in my neck and arms? are these blood clot symptoms? 

• Kerri
    Favorite Answer

Without knowing anything about you such as age, weight, smoker or not, overweight, overall health, activity level etc, it’s hard to say what’s causing your symptoms. The symptoms you describe are very vague and can be caused by many things (vit deficiency, thyroid problems, neuromuscular diseases, dehydration, anxiety and more) and may not even be related to each other at all. If it was a blood clot, you would be getting worse and pretty quickly. Blood clots in the legs cause pain but also a lot of redness and swelling in the affected leg. Blood clots in the chest (lungs) cause major shortness of breath and are fatal within minutes to hours so it’s unlikely you have a blood clot in the lungs. Only way to find a cause for your symptoms is to have a complete physical with blood work and imaging studies at your physicians office.

Source(s): Nurse

I think I would be going to a hospital ASAP instead of talking to people on a message board. That squeezing/tightness in your chest sure doesn't sound good to me.

depends if you are woman on birth

control pills

No, those are not blood clot symptoms, but can’t speculate what it is