Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Are there downsides to being a loner? And how do you deal with them?

I've had no friends (except maybe an online 'friend', a while ago) and been a loner for since high school and in in my 20s.

I think I'm out of touch socially. Just basic conversations on my end likely come off as rushed and awkward.

Etc.

Thank you all for sharing.

Favorite Answer

yes, it gets lonely, i dont have a lot of friends myself

you dont have to have close friends, you just have to know some people for connections.  When you are older, maybe when you are 27 years old, you will need some people who lead you to jobs.   Finding jobs is not easy if you just rely on News papers ads or Internet craiglist, you got to have connections.   Employers feel safe when the job applicant is a friend of their current employee.    If you have no connections, you will find it is harder to get a job that you want.

Given you feel out of touch socially, perhaps consider expanding your outlook by joining a local community group where you can meet diverse people, or take up an activity where you can meet like-minded people.

No she doesn't.

we can be friends so we both have a friend