Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

When will yahoo perma ban all the nasty, rude people on yahoo answers?

Its seriously ridiculous that they dont get perma banned. On normal forums or websites if you continuously comment to random people nasty rude hateful things you are considered a troll or a bully. Nobody wants them around so they ban them.

Just like if you have a job, theyre not gonna hire you if you arent professional. 

This site is becoming unusable because of the nasty people who sometimes post anonymous and then you cant block them. Ive already blocked so many trolls but still there are accounts that post anonymously.

Favorite Answer

Yahoo has perma banned users who persist in violating the rules with multiple accounts.  Most trolls eventually leave on their own accord.

If you would like to share your concerns with Yahoo, the Yahoo Feedback forum is the best place to do so.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com

No. There is no way to "perma ban" anyone. They simply create a new account. Blocking an IP just means they user will access the site from a different IP address or different device. You're right, trolls should be banned but they can't be (they can just have account after account suspended until they get annoyed enough to stop creating new accounts and posting).

• Daniel

When Yahoo Feels they had Enough of Them

I will keep it short and sweet with a rant or rage  Verizon Media does not ban people because there could be more than one person using the IP address in a household and it would be unfair to ban everyone using that interest to be ban because of one person.  Yahoo used to ban users many years ago but stopped it and Verizon continues to follow the same policy.

Hope this helps explain it to you.

Yahoo Inc cannot do anything g because Yahoo Inc has no upper management. It died more than 2 Yeats ago when Verizon took over Yahoo's Sunnyvale CA headquarters. Yahoo Inc. did not and Verizon and Verizon Media does NOT "ban" email accounts. It blocks email accounts from participating on YA. It does not ban ISP addresses. People can have multiple electronic devices and can have multiple, up to 50, Yahoo email accounts associated with the same cellphone number. That does not violate the terms of the Terms of service contract.

Very rarely did Yahoo delete an email account. The only time I am aware of that happening was when the legal firm that Yahoo had on retainer got involved because I contacted them for my copyright being violated whe. Someone misrepresented themselves as me using bits and pieces of my answers in his answers. This was more complicated than simple copying and pasting of my answers.

Yahoo, Verizon and Verizon Media are not paid to monitor or moderate YA. It is

Source(s): very difficult to accuse and prove that a specific person and account is targeting and stalking you. When you accuse them, you usually trap yourself. I did manage to do this several times, but I kept daily records of my YA activity. Yahoo still had staff that would investigate account activity if you gave them enough information to work with. Verizon or Verizon Media has very few employees doing anything about abuse on YA. Both Yahoo and Verizon have told me they cannot and do not settle emotional revenge vendettas between YA community members. Those emails disappeared within months .

Ignore the nasty replies, you are totally right. I have used this site since it opened and it was a different place then. It needs more moderation. It isn't difficult to filter offensive words, at least, and you can do that without anyone needing to read the posting.

I'm sure that the irony of you posting a rant like this anonymously is lost on you.

• LAN

My money is on this being Brian crying here again because his pathetic rants, like this keep getting deleted

I heard the doctor x-rayed your head and did not find anything.

• LAN

Funny how the cowards that always post this pity party idiocy never let anyone see their entire posting history to show exactly how "innocent" they really are isn't it.