What does he mean?

So this guy that I knew really liked me, text me recently and said that “I like you but it not a good idea for us to date. He called me and explain later. He said it was because it was wrong timing and he says he wants to make sure he can give me attention but he will be busy with work. He also has a catering business and surgery coming up next month. He then said if you want will can be friends and to call him if I need anything and he is right down the road. He also said that he would text me later. I told bye I will miss him and he said he will miss me too. Does he really mean what he said? Will he come back when things settle down? I know he likes me

• Foofa

Could be that it's worth your time to wait. But I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

I think there is every chance that he will. What this guy was saying was that he didn't want to enter a relationship at the moment because he wasn't emotionally available; it didn't have anything to do with him not being attracted to you. Hence, what I would do is to focus on being good friends with this guy and being there to listen to him when he needs someone to talk to. Doing that will actually bring you closer to him as it will give you a chance to strengthen your chemistry with this guy. That is why I think all the best relationships start off with the couple being good friends - because that have that per-existing chemistry.

After a while, when things have settled down this guy will approach you about being something more. However, at the moment you are at a stage with this guy where less is more - giving him plenty of space will actually bring you closer to him. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Would you say that this guy has a lot of experience to women and dating? How often do you guys talk?
    • Yes it really helps. I think you are right. That’s what I think too. 

He means exactly what he said. He does have feelings for you but he's busy with work. It would be hard for him to spend time with you if he's busy working all the time. You two would have no time to go out on dates or time to be around each other and talk. But he is still keeping you as a friend because he still cares for you. He could see a future with you if he wasn't so busy all the time. The timing is just bad. Give it time and it will work out.

He’s busy. Don’t call him. 

When the timing is right he will call you if he misses you. 

It’s kind of him to offer to help you whenever necessary, but he’s busy

right now. Respect that.