Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas movie?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Kind of... It takes place on Christmas Eve 1988 in Los Angeles, CA. Like it came from the Nakatomi Plaza in Century City, which it can be located as a part of the neighborhood in Southern California as possible. Get it?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yesssssssssssssssss

• Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I never considered it a Christmas movie until it was brought up years ago somewhere else. I still dont consider it a Christmas movie. Just because it takes place around that time, no Christmas theme was explored in the main idea of the movie. Now that I think about it, didnt Lethal Weapon start out during the Christmas or New Year season when a woman killed herself? Die Hard had just a bit more Christmas in it. Not enough to be a Christmas movie still.

• 2 months ago

No, but I'm sure they are bound to put it on though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I want to say yes. I mean technically it is an action film about a New York City police detective who battles a group of heavily armed violent criminals who have taken his wife and others hostage in a Los Angeles office building. It just happens to take place on Christmas Eve.

• susan
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The detective is only there in CA because he wants to spend Christmas with his family. The wife wants him back because it's Chrustmas. The hostages are only there because they were attending a Christmas party. The soundtrack is full of Christmas music. The dialogue is full of Christmas references. 

• susan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I vote yes. ___

• 2 months ago

No, it just takes place in that season.

• 2 months ago

No, the story just happens on Christmas, just like Lethal Weapon. But the stories have nothing to do with Christmas.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In my opinion, nope.

• 2 months ago

Yep.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.