Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas movie?

Kind of... It takes place on Christmas Eve 1988 in Los Angeles, CA. Like it came from the Nakatomi Plaza in Century City, which it can be located as a part of the neighborhood in Southern California as possible. Get it?

Yesssssssssssssssss

• Steve

I never considered it a Christmas movie until it was brought up years ago somewhere else. I still dont consider it a Christmas movie. Just because it takes place around that time, no Christmas theme was explored in the main idea of the movie. Now that I think about it, didnt Lethal Weapon start out during the Christmas or New Year season when a woman killed herself? Die Hard had just a bit more Christmas in it. Not enough to be a Christmas movie still.

No, but I'm sure they are bound to put it on though.

I want to say yes. I mean technically it is an action film about a New York City police detective who battles a group of heavily armed violent criminals who have taken his wife and others hostage in a Los Angeles office building. It just happens to take place on Christmas Eve.

• susan

The detective is only there in CA because he wants to spend Christmas with his family. The wife wants him back because it's Chrustmas. The hostages are only there because they were attending a Christmas party. The soundtrack is full of Christmas music. The dialogue is full of Christmas references. 

• susan

I vote yes. ___

No, it just takes place in that season.

No, the story just happens on Christmas, just like Lethal Weapon. But the stories have nothing to do with Christmas.

• Kathy

In my opinion, nope.

Yep.

...............