Can i consult to HR directly about my issue if i don't trust my boss?

*I m not trusting my team leader personally. Because she doesn't like me and she is not willing to talk to me. 

so i can't consult anything except my task issues. in this case, should i talk to HR or big boss?

Favorite Answer

APPROACH WITH CAUTION

(1)

I used to think that HR operated like a court room.

Sometimes they do just that and they are fair.

But sometimes they are not.

I won’t go into detail but I was a supervisor in a corporate environment many years ago and I had a problem with my new manager.

I was very productive; I am certainly not a person who neglects his responsibility. Far from it, I go the extra mile to satisfy work needs.

(2)

I went to HR seeking help and they neglected my concerns even when I had email records demonstrating improper conduct by the new manager. (Prior to him coming on board, I had built a great track record.)

HR did nothing for me. First I had gone to the Director to whom which both I and my manager reported, in order to get the Director to help me out. His response was “I’m not getting involved, you guys figure it out”. (Yes, the company sucked although they had over $1B in assets.)

Ultimately I ended up leaving and it worked out for the better.

Big boss - No. Never. HR - yes. That's what they are there for.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • TedEx

BE careful.  HR is NOT your friend, And they take a dim view of people who go over or around your boss;s head. 

Go to HR and it could just blow up in your face and you will be the odd man out.

Believe me, I have seen it happen

• Judy

Depends what your issue is.

• violetrose2 months agoReport

Regarding a contract issue

You can talk to anyone you want.

The purpose of HR is to protect the company from employees.  Meaning it's their job to make sure that managers/supervisors aren't doing anything that could get the company sued. 

There is nothing illegal about your team leader avoiding you because he/she finds you annoying or whatever.  It's crappy management for sure, but it's not illegal.

Sure, go to HR.   They will look at the situation and determine what is best for the company.   Maybe your manager needs to go, but it's more likely they will determine that you are a disgruntled employee who needs to go.