Should I bring more food?

I’m visiting my old friend and her little girl on Tuesday afternoon for a simple lunch.  I’ve decided to bring half a dozen cupcakes, fresh from the bakery and two little packages of smoked oysters and crackers.  They’re Chinese, so they usually favour finger foods.  Is there anything else that I should bring?  Any more food?  I don’t think Asians are really into cheeses or dips on the whole.  

Favorite Answer

Everything you've listed sounds pretty good and sounds like it would be more than enough, though you should probably ask them for suggestions.

• rena

That sound good.

• denise

Your friend will probably have prepared something as well, so I think the food your taking is enough, if, as you say, its for a 'simple' lunch.

I'm not sure how we could know what to bring, if anything. Did you and your friend discuss who was providing what for this lunch? That's where I'd start. For all I know, your friend is making a 5 course meal and it would be better if you brought nothing at all.