Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Which modern American political party would a classical liberal (the "laissez-faire" type) best fit into? ?

• Ivan

A true classic liberal is now a myth.

If one were to follow them from centuries ago, they'd be white nationalists, and Republican conservatives. At the very least pro white bread usa and preserve the christian based constitution.

Libertarian.  Though the Libertarians aren't really a political party in any meaningful way.  They're disorganized, and lately they've abandoned any interest in winning elections...not that they were super-interested before. 

I say this as a former member.  I now go out of my way to describe myself as a small-L libertarian because I don't want to be associated with those guys.

those libertarian types 

laissez faire will never work however as a economy 

• Entropy

You know except for the century-plus when it worked great.  Or how it works great in Hong Kong and Singapore.  

Libertarian. The Republican party used to be closer than it is now.