Should i break with my partner...?

Hello there community, 

So i need some advise, i have been dating my partner for 9 months ever since the beginning it never felt right but i stayed and i fell in love, AWW so cute...anyways i became insecure in the relationship when he admitted that he still talks and hangs out with his ex girlfriend (who he still loves) The problem is, that is all i ever think about, i am so insecure and he said he was going to stop but he still communicates and hangs out with her (am i wrong to be mad?). I always think he is comparing me to her or would prefer to be with her or even leave me if she ever decided to get back with him....I can't sleep sometimes, i overthink things and text, i am almost always in a bad mood, i have cried so many times because of it, i feel disrespected. It is taking a toll on my mental health and sometimes i think its all in my head and its me and my feelings and i am overreacting.

I know at the end of the day i have to make my own decisions but.... 

What advise would you give me? 

Thank you for the help and advise and i hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

You know, most people would view the admission of a partner that they're still in love with someone else as a dealbreaker. Of course you feel insecure...you're in a relationship but he's not. You're not wrong to feel disrespected because that's exactly what's happening. Save yourself and end this.

You need to leave him and all your problems will go away

If he still loves someone else then stop wasting your time investing in someone that can't be invested in you. It's as simple as that.

First, are you aware that it's "advice" you need, and not "advise"? "Advice" is a noun. You need/want/give advice. "Advise" is a verb. I advise you, you advise her, etc. Is that pretty clear now, before we go any further?

• ihavehope2 months agoReport

ah, yes thank you my friend! 

The advice I would give you is leave.  If he still loves his ex GF and still hangs out with her then that is clear evidence he isn't over her and doesn't want to let go.  That isn't fair to you and it isn't really conducive to a long standing, committed relationship.  Think of it this way:  If he is still in love with her, how can he ever be in love with you.  Especially since he refuses to let her go and stop hanging out with her.  Your likely a placeholder until he can either get back with her or he is forced to move on.  I'm sorry.

• Rick

Leave him.  Since he's still in love with her, he shouldn't be dating anyone else because he doesn't really want to be with anyone else.  It's unfair of him to be doing this to you so end things with him and move on.  You deserve to be with a man who's head over heels in love with YOU and no one else.