Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Is there such a thing as parent-child counseling?

i am 13 and it’s very hard living with my mother. she gets mad and screams at me for everything, even sometimes she yells at me just for existing! I’ve heard of marriage

counseling but never heard of parent-child counseling. i want to get along with my mother but sometimes it feels like she genuinely doesn’t love me anymore.

Sure there is, ask your mom if that's a possibility.

• A C

Try not to  take it to heart.  Your mother may be going through menopause or pre-menopause.  Hormonal imbalance  causes some women to get very moody.  She most likely loves you but  may have  problems that you are not aware of. But do talk to someone about it, maybe your pastor at church or a school counselor or an aunt/uncle.  Also, try praying about it.  I asked Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me with all sorts of problems and blessed me a lot, as well as given me assurance of a home in heaven.  I recommend Him to you.  God loves you.  He uses trials in our lives for our own good.   Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans.  

There is family counseling, and you should talk to your mom about both of you going to it, rather than go over her head and talk to your school counselor about whats going on. BUT, if mom acts abusive instead of hearing your concerns and trying to respond appropriately, then you should tell the school counselor. (just dont be too quick, or act out of anger without calming downand thinking over night.. you dont want Child Protective Services to step in, and take you away from your home and put you in foster care. TALK TO MOM FIRST. Try. Stay calm when you do it, dont raise your voice up to hers. It will cause her to calm down and maybe hear better. *sends hug* I hope all works out well for you. :) This is tricky stuff to even advise, you do need a counselor to talk to. And if in the end, you need to go tell the school whats going on at home, then be brave and speak up. Its better to risk change than stay in an abusive situation like a doormat. ...Alsdo, I bet she does love you, but when you say its like she doesant anymore, that is a real bad sign about how she's behaving, and I bet in the future she will regret it and cry and tell you fo course she loves you. But she's stuck in a habit of acting bad, and yea, the counseling is what can help her work on changing that, for both of you!

Yes, I've heard of family therapy/counseling.