Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Acting is a skill.Not a talent.Anyone can learn how to act.Also singing is a skill.Writing music and script requires talent?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I found this online using my skills, but honestly, I just have a talent for finding relevant material to back me up. 

"Talent is your innate ability to do something. It is your natural ability which is inborn. Skill is a learnt ability. The difference between talent and skill is hard work."

Acting is a skill, but even though I'm not an actor, I have an innate ability to play a role. For example: when returning something to a store without a receipt. I have a talent for acting dumb, confused, and disappointed when dealing with customer service folk. I know what the rules are, but talent allows me to succeed in my task.

Singing, too, is a skill. But, I know many people who can hold notes, hit highs and lows...all without any training. It's a natural gift they possess.

Two good examples of having one without the other are actors who think they can sing, and singers who think they can act. Barbra Streisand possesses a talent for both. Will Smith, Taylor Swift, and Bruce Willis do not. 

Writing music and scripts are 9 times out of 10 pure skill. But, many composers and writers have a natural talent, an ear and an eye for composing and writing. Still, their talent had to start with skill, which developed into a natural talent. Steven Spielberg didn't write and direct Oscar-worthy movies as a kid or teen, but did when he got into his 20's.  

How do you explain Mozart's innate abilities to write operas and music at such a young age. Liberace was began playing piano at age four, and was performing difficult piano pieces at age seven. He was a child prodigy. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Not sure where the question is.....sounds like a rant.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I actually know about this stuff and youre half right, but the half that's wrong and the mangled misuse of language... I cant follow your meaning well enough to respond. And that's a shame, because look at all these perceptionless drones thinking they can just make an answer up, when they cant write music, they cant act. So they know NOTHING, yet they flap their dumb dumb lips anyway

• 1 month ago

You know that all of this is just your subjective opinion and not a proven fact backed by evidence, right?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Creativity AND talent. 

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I think acting is a talent. A good actor makes you believe they are the character they're playing. A bad actor cannot. 

• 1 month ago

There are definitely some talentless actors, but not everyone can learn to act.  Same with singing.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is both a skill and a talent. Some are born actors and can perform and entertain others in various ways are able to smile  and put on any type of face they want to at any moment. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.