Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Those of you who have been supervisors: What was it like? Did you have to discipline people for coming in late?

Favorite Answer

Yes, as a supervisor you virtually always simply enforce company policy. Whatever I did as a sup[ervisor, especially if I thought an employee would not like it, was to followed company policy EXACTLY. I knew that if the employee fought my decision, that decision would be carefully scrutinized by my superiors and I needed them to back me. The worst thing was the first time I knew I was going to fire someone the next day. That is MUCH harder than it might seem and I didn't get much sleep that night.

All. The. Time.

yes, of course. that's an ordinary part of being a supervisor. just follow the instructions issued by HR on what to do and when to do it and you'll be fine

• Murzy

You may have to discipline people for various reasons and review their performance.

I was an Infantry Squad Leader my Team Leader's never showed up late. If it was one of their Soldier's usually a dumb a*s Private they'd do written Counseling on them. Sometimes if they were fuked up just push ups till their arms turned to Jelly.

I have only supervised professionals who did not have a strict start time or end time. I did have to discipline for other behavior.  First a talk to find out if there was an underlying problem.  Depending on how that went the actions varied.