Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

What should I do Christians about my trans son?

Yesterday, my son came out as a transgender. I am just wondering.. where did I go wrong? Why is my son think he is a girl? Mark told us he wants to be called Alice now. Alice in wonderland was his favorite movie as a child I think. What should I do?

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

Continue to treat him as he is, not as he imagines he is, with the same love and concern you have always shown him.

• Nous

What should you do? STOP PRETENDING TO BE CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly you prove when BAD Christians put religion before love it turns to hatred!

Sadly posting as you do will not only drive people further away from God but so many DECENT people into becoming ANTI THEISTS!

Assuming you're telling us the truth, you should first of all love him exactly the way he is.

Next, help him feel safe with you.

Then explain DNA and biology to him. Like it or not, he's male, and gender is an eternal part of us, not something we can pick and choose for ourselves.

You might have done nothing wrong. But don't call him Alice. Call him Mark, because that is who he is.

• reme_1

It depends on his age. He might know his true feelings. You did nothing wrong. It is the way he was born. He knows that his body does not match his feelings. CAll the gay center and talk to the counselor He or she will help you deal with this. And more importantly contact PFLAG.org- it is a wonderful support group made up of mostly parents with LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents.

Whatever you do, do not call your church- they won't understand. Do not yell or scream at him- he is already dealing with a lot. I am not using the female pronoun because I don't know if your son is still a little kid or not.

Be loving and reach out to the support from the LGBT community. Your child is facing a hard journey going thru transition and will need all the support he can get from you and your family.

does this mean He is now surgically altered to be a she male?

i think thats what trans gender means, its surgical removal of body parts. in Hebrew Paul talked about men that should "cut themselves off from the community" i.e. surgical removal. but he was talking about unnecessary practice of circumcision .James, the brother of Jesus, finally ruled that gentiles did not need to be circumcised to be saved.

if your son has already done this, there are only 2 choices. 1. love him and forgive, 2. cast him out of the house. everyone should pray about it.

Muslims would practice honor killing, and there are radical muslims that throw gay people off of buildings. i would think Jesus would be MORE tolerant than a Muslim, even in judgment. however the word To Be Ah, means strong language in Hebrew. which is translated as "abomination". in Leviticus

.

• if there are people of greater authority, that are not false teachers, i would refer you to "them" as ones who have a better counsel, than i have. .

You definitely shouldn't "do Christians."

Nothing. Just keep asking she please pass the salt or pepper.

This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race.

Find a better writer for your cool stories bro posts. 

YOU SHOULD DO NOTHING YOU OBVIOUSLY SCREWED UP ENOUGH