Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why didn't my girlfriend tell me she was on her period?

She had been feeling sick for hours. When I went to her house I saw her curled up with her hands on her tummy and complaining and hardly breathing,shivering and having fever. I tried to let her touch me where the appendix was so that I could see if it was what I thought but she told me go away dont touch me and started complaining again. Then I said 'we're going to the doctor now'. She screamed 'leave me alone, I have my things I'm not sick'. And I was like.... what? Why didn't you say it before? Why did she omit it, making me worry and start thinking what possible cause could have had her stomachache. Why??? Thank god it was just periods and nothing worse, I'm just mad at her behavior, treating me like I'm a child.

Favorite Answer

If she's been your girlfriend for longer than a couple of months, you should have a pretty good idea when her period is due. 

If she calls her period her "things" I'm guessing talking about personal topics embarrasses her. She probably thought saying she was sick would be enough to keep you away and give her the alone-time she wanted. 

Take note of the time of month and you'll be ready for it next time around. 

cuz when we're on our periods we just want to be left alone, but she should just take some painkillers

She was in  PAIN.  You don't have periods.  Now you know.  Geez,  really?

Did you call her to see if she is still alive?

Why not ask her this exact question?

• sian

Why don't her ask her rather than us?

"My girlfriend is in excruciating pain but let's make this all about meeeeeeeeeeee and my feeeeeeeeeeeeelings because she wanted me to go away" -- men.

• darkvelvetrain
      1 month agoReport

Just one man.  Let's not pretend this is a thing any sane person would have done.

This is not good bedside manner. When you get the flu and writhe and whine in bed constantly complaining she will tend to you lovingly.

Her pain is not normal and as such should not be held against her in the moment. Talk to her later in less a defensive manner (other people illness is not about you) and she may very well apologize.

Simple answer? Because she is a broad. They are ALL mental to some extent. Some more than others. Shrug.

It is not normal to have chills or a fever when a woman is on her period.

I've had some rough periods in my life but never once have I had trouble breathing, chills, or a fever. I'd guess a majority, if not all, of the women I know and have known have never had that either.

Something is wrong, but she's not willing to tell you and that's ok. She is not obligated to tell you everything wrong with her. If I were you I'd be kind, patient, and supportive. Offer to help if she needs it, but don't demand she go to the doctor or half-a** diagnose her the way you did. It's rude and insensitive.

You need to apply both tolerance and sympathy. Period pains can be really and and girls get tetchy too. It seems you have much to learn about women.

• Rufus T. Firefly
      1 month agoReport

I think wally treats women like football buddies and then can't understand why they won't fk him. football buddies don't want to fck you. seriously, bro.