Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

Will I get any money back on tax refund?

Just got divorced in November.  I was a SAHM/ full time nursing student. I get to claim my son (4), but I only made $1k this year since circumstances changed. I've paid around $5k out of pocket for school after maxing out all Pell Grant/ Stafford loans ect. And $700 on books.

I've paid $360 towards my son's preschool this year. 

Own no property. Will I even receive anything back, or am I better off trying to work a deal with my ex in letting him claim our son? (No food stamps/ government assistance other than Pell Grant that I got no refund from.) 

My ex made $65k this year and got the house, so he will claim that obviously. He usually gets around $2-4k back because of overtime taxes/ claiming our son. 

• 5 days ago

Income Tax Loans from https://incometaxloansnow.com

You only get back taxes you PAID in. If you paid nothing you don’t get anything. The new tax tables make itemizing for you impossible

You should be able to receive the earned income credit, write off deductions and receive a refund of $1000.00 (+ or -.)

You can make deductions for childcare and other deductions.

Search online: filing taxes in your state, check out deductions...